Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Worried to get my hopes up but he sounds convincing...

On November 20th my DH and I went to our first appointment to the fertility clinic. I was nervous, i didn't know what to expect. The Doc was running a bit behind so that just made my nerves get worse. when we finally got into his office i was shocked how relaxed it was. Instead of the normal Doc sitting behind a desk and you in hard uncomfortable chairs, his desk was a coner desk pushed up against the wall and he had two very compfortable chairs at the side and he wheeled his oun chair over to us to talk. It seemed more like a freind talking to us than a Doc. I have always been treated by doctors as if i'm taking up their time and you've got 5 seconds to tell me what i need to treat you, then get out. I got proof of that when i saw what my Gyno wrote about me in his report, all it said was "infertile" that's it. Even the Doc was surprised. He that asked my my history and wrote down as much as i said, and i talk alot. After getting my history and finding out that i have already done the whole Clomid & Metformin rounds he started telling us his plans on how he was going to get us preg. I couldn't believe how excited he seemed it was infectious. He told us that he would put me on Clomid again but this time give it a healping hand with Femera and a steroid (can't ever remember the name of it) to cut down the male hormones my body always seems to make in to much of an abundance. he then told us that he would also like to do IUI's with the meds. After telling us all the information we could possibly need, which he talked for over 30mins with us just about that, he then did something no doctor has ever done. He asked if we had any questions, then, wait for it... he accually listened and answered our questions. What a breath of fresh air. I was amazing he told us that he wanted to start right away with doing a IUI before the holidays. I was shocked. I have always wanted to have a doctor that was going to be aggressive and work on thing with me it amazing time.

So now, I'm waiting for AF to show her head so we can start the first cycle. Doc gave me some BCP to bring her on so i hope to have it today. I've never wanted her to show herself more. Biggest problem will be trying to get through the 2 week wait(2ww) which i will be enduring over the Christmas holidays. I'll be needing some extra sticky baby dust sent my way over the next few weeks.

1 comment:

mrs.infertility said...

oh, how great! i hope everything works out :)
isn't it wonderful to have a good dr?!